This post is dedicated to the frankly really rather marvellous couple – Dom & Trudes – they live in the Wales, see?
Anyhow – Dom stumbled across my blog (via Facebook – I think a dropped a link to it) – and has politely asked if he could be in it.
Well here we go – in honor of Dom and Trudes (my ‘other’ Mum & Dad) here are ten things I loves about the Wales:
- We wear trainers, they wear daps
- When you go for a curry, they offer you ‘half and half’ – it means half a portion of rice and half a portion of chips
- In some pubs you can buy a ploughmans in a bag – it consists of crackers – some kind of ‘cheese’ which despite not being refrigerated won’t kill you and a couple of pickled onions
- Barry Island Ice Tea – a ‘cocktail’ served in a pint glass which includes a shot of every white spirit they have behind the bar and a drop of coca cola (just for colour)
- ‘Now, then’ is said a lot
- They *love* a nickname – my particular favourite is ‘the racing snake’ – I’d explain, but the ‘taffia’ might get me
- Everyone knows everyone… Catherine Zeta Jones is known by the far less exotic moniker of ‘Katie’; and Bonnie ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ Tyler is just good old Gaynor.
- Merlin the Magician was born there – way cooler than Paul Daniels or that fool David Blaine
- Julien MacDonald – (mmm lovely clothes) he’s worked for Givenchy and Chanel – not bad for a lad who started out knitting eh?
- Dom and Trudes live there!